Dr. Dawn talked about gut health and the shocking effect ultra-processed food has on our health on the Eat Burn Sleep podcast with Yalda Alaoui.
From the show notes on Eatburnsleep.com:
Food Additives and your Microbiome
Have you ever wondered why you don’t have IBS symptoms when you are traveling in Europe, but it returns when you get back to the US?
What food additives should you avoid for Gut Health Issues?
Dr. Dawn Harris Sherling, MD, FACP, is an internal medicine physician and writer based in Florida. She is completing her book on common dietary misconceptions in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). She joined me for a live on Instagram to discuss the impact of food additives on gut health and raise awareness about the quality of food we eat are eating.
In this episode:
- What is the most significant difference between the European and American diets?
- How ultra-processed foods change the microbiome.
- Why do you still gain weight no matter how much you diet and exercise when ingesting additives?
- What are the simple solutions to the complex problems we are facing today?
- What food additives should you avoid and look out for on labels?