Effective Date: August 3, 2022
- Information We Collect and Receive
In order for us to provide you with the products, services, features, and functionalities offered via the Website, engage in troubleshooting activities, and improve upon the Website’s performance, safety and security, we may collect and process information (i) from you directly when you provide it to us through the Website and when you engage in certain actions via the Website, or (ii) about you automatically from you or your smartphone or other device when you use, access, or interact with the App, as well as from third parties, including, but not limited to the following information:
Information You Provide
We may collect and process information you provide when you use our Website or otherwise engage or communicate with us, as described in more detail below.
- Identity Data. This includes information that could be directly associated with you, or used to contact or identify you, without the aid of additional information, including, without limitation, your name or e-mail address when signing up to receive Email Notifications (as defined herein) , or any other information that you provide to us that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (collectively, “Personal Information”);
- Additional Data You Provide. This includes information you provide when you contact us for customer support reasons, and as applicable may also include information you provide in connection with focus groups, survey responses, contests/sweepstakes, or other means. We may also collect Personal Information at other points on our Website where you voluntarily provide it or where we state that Personal Information is being collected.
Information Collected Automatically
As is true of many digital platforms, we also may collect and process certain information about you automatically when you use the Website, as described in more detail below.
- Usage Information. This includes information regarding your activity on the Website, including browser types and mobile device identifiers, pages or features you use, interact with, or click on, time and date of access and other similar usage history, usage preferences such as language, resolution settings, etc., and other similar usage information.
Lawful Basis for Collecting Information
Certain jurisdictions where Users of the Website are citizens or residents have laws and regulations that require a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining Personal Information (e.g., the European Union General Data Protection Act 2016/679 [“GDPR”] and the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 [“CCPA”]).
- How We Use Your Information
We may use the information that we collect and process for a variety of purposes related to the App, including, without limitation, to:
- Provide customer support;
- Respond to your requests and inquiries;
- Identify you and potentially improve and/or customize the Website;
- Send you Email Notifications via email;
- Solicit feedback, reviews, and other information regarding your experience with the Website, including, without limitation, with respect to certain features and functionalities that you would like to see on the Website, or that we have recently rolled out onto the Website;
- Prevent, detect, and respond to illegal or unauthorized activities;
- Communicate with any suppliers we use to perform any of the above; and
- Comply with the law.
We may also use certain collected information on an aggregated and/or anonymized basis in order to conduct market research, engage in project planning, for troubleshooting purposes, to help detect and protect against error, fraud, or other criminal activity.
Email Notifications and Opt-Out
We maintain a strict “no-spam” policy. As applicable, by providing us with your email address, you expressly agree that we may use your information to contact you by email in order to deliver you information that is relevant to your use of the App such as administrative notices, product/service enhancements or “newsletters” (collectively, “Email Notifications”). You may choose to stop receiving Email Notifications from us by following the instructions included in such communications. If a third party vendor provides such Email Notifications, you may unsubscribe in accordance with the instructions provided by such third party. If you are having problems unsubscribing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (forwarding the Email Notification, if applicable, and including in the subject line the words “Unsubscribe”), and you will be removed within seven (7) business days. Please note that we will not process any unsubscribe requests submitted as direct replies to any Email Notification.
- How We Share Your Information
- We may use third parties to outsource one or more aspects of our business and/or Website operations, in which case, we may provide access to your Personal Information to such third parties in connection with the performance of such activities. Such third parties will only use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to perform their functions and will be contractually bound to process your Personal Information only on our behalf and in compliance with our requests.
- In the event that we undergo re-organization, are sold to or merged with a third party, or sell all or substantially all of our assets, any Personal Information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organized entity or third party in compliance with applicable law.
- In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your Personal Information is treated, transferred, or used.
- In addition to the foregoing, we also reserve the right, and you hereby authorize us, to share or disclose (including, without limitation, to law enforcement agencies, public authorities, governmental departments, or other similar organizations) information we collect, including your Personal Information, and any other information, records or electronic communications of any kind, when we determine (in our sole discretion), that the disclosure of such information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against you if:
- you are interfering with our or any third party’s rights or property;
- you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- necessary or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation, including a subpoena or similar legal process or request/order; and/or
- necessary or required for purposes of public importance, to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate security, technical issues or fraud, or respond to a government request.
- Links to Third Party Websites
The Website may include links to other websites, mobile applications or services (“Third Party Sites”), whose privacy practices may differ from those set forth herein. Such links are not an endorsement by Author of those Third Party Sites and/or the products or services they offer. If you visit Third Party Sites or submit Information to any of those Third Party Sites, your visit and information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the contents of privacy statements of any Third Party Site you visit, as it may differ substantially from that of this privacy statement. Author makes no representations or warranties with respect to, nor is Author responsible for, the privacy policies of any Third Party Sites. If you decide to click on any such links or access any Third Party Sites appearing on the Website, you do so at your own risk.
- Your Rights; Information Access and Control
In certain circumstances you have the right to access the Personal Information that we collect/store about you and to correct, update, or request deletion of such Personal Information.
You have the following rights:
- Users who are citizens or residents of the European Economic Area or United Kingdom have certain rights under the GDPR, including the right to: (i) request access to, and obtain a copy of, your Personal Information (free of charge); (ii) request rectification or erasure of your Personal Information; (iii) object to or restrict certain processing of your Personal Information; (iv) request portability of your Personal Information; and (vi) take legal action in relation to any breach of your rights regarding the processing of your Personal Information, and to lodge complaints before the competent data protection regulators. Additionally, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- If you are a California resident, you have certain rights under the CCPA. Residents of Colorado, Virginia, and other states also have (or may in the future have) certain rights under the applicable privacy laws of such state. These include the right to (i) request access to, details regarding, and a copy of the Personal Information we have collected about you and/or shared with third parties; (ii) request deletion of the Personal Information that we have collected about you; and (iii) the right to opt-out of sale of your Personal Information. As the terms are defined under the CCPA (and other applicable state privacy laws), we do not “Sell” your “Personal Information.”
- If you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR, CCPA, or other applicable data protection or privacy laws, please contact us at email@example.com, specify your request, and reference the applicable law. We may ask you to verify your identity, or ask for more information about your request before we can take action to address your request. We will consider and act upon any above request in accordance with applicable law. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
- Storage of Information
- Contacting Us